Thursday, July 17, 2008

Temporary Baseball Withdrawal

Enough of the All-Star break. I miss the Giants!

For the first time in years, this year's All-Star game was actually worth watching (well, except for having to listen to the most godawful announcing team of all time - Joe Buck and Tim McCarver, who apparently couldn't be bothered to actually watch and comment on the game, which FOX didn't really show much of anyways). Okay, maybe it was worth watching only up until the point when the NL lost (AGAIN), but that's a discussion for another day.

But even with a (relatively-speaking) good game to watch over the break, I still find this part of the season to be the most painful. I want Giants baseball, and I want it now. Off-days are bad enough. I flounder about, aimlessly wandering the streets until the next game. But at least it's only one day. Having to wait 5 days for a game is simply excruciating. I can't wander the streets that long - my kids would run out of kibble.

My kids are probably enjoying the break, though, since they don't have to watch baseball and ask questions like "Why do the Giants stink so bad?"

(Check with me after tomorrow night's game when the Giants face C.C. Sabathia, then ask me if I'm still excited for the return of Giants baseball.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. When I was following the Braves during my younger years [read: When I couldn't drive and didn't have internet and didn't have money to buy what I wanted] I watched almost all the night games on TBS, and was almost pissed when the game wasn't on. The lack of a game when you watch so many during the summer certainly leaves you in a weird place, asking "what now?" Usually I spent the night wishing a damn baseball game was on.

CanOfCorn said...

After watching that first series after the break, maybe it was best to have no baseball.